Sunday, February 13, 2022

To listen to again because today felt like it

I seem to come back to this song a lot. It hovers and lingers around somewhere, possibly in all the spaces between the minutes and seconds. There are just so many things around me and you and everyone that we can't shine our eyeballs and our thoughts on all at once. But then, by chance we do pick out something. And the little things we notice and pause to think about and connect with, even if for a fleeting moment, compiled would make for a patchwork quilt of human textures. I love these little transient observations, and they make me both incredibly happy and sad; people transform the things they experience all the time, yet these moments are often forgotten and/or not thought to be shared ---these little secret moments of the self. 

When I read or hear of these moments, I want to say "I really liked that moment you had." But when I say such things, I feel silly. Sometimes my thoughts just do an injustice to whatever it was that just WAS. Maybe it is also that I think to myself "Who cares whether I like something or not." Sharing seems to impose a vague ME onto everything. .

No comments:

Post a Comment